Thursday 21 April 2016

Ancillary Task - Digipak

For the front cover of my digipak I decided to use a photo that was taken at one of the locations I filmed at for my music video. Greyscale was used for the image as this reflects the band's image and also continues the theme on from the music video. I chose to have the title of the album and the artist's name fairly small at the bottom of the cover because I felt that the focus should be on the image rather than what the album is called. The band is not featured on the cover, much like the covers of the albums that The Neighbourhood have produced before. The image of the teenage boy relates to the theme of youth and how you wish you it was so easy now that is apparent throughout my music video. I also believe that the house in the backgroud helps to emphasise the name of the band, The Neighbourhood. The font used is very similar to what The Neighbourhood use on their albums and artwork. I also used a mixture of bold and italic style in all uppercase, much like The Neighbourhood use. A parental advisory sign has been added at the top in order to warn parents that the songs on the album may not be suitable to young children due to the swearing that is present in some of the songs featured on the album.
The back cover follows a similar theme with a greyscale image, an uppercase font and the setting of a park in a neighbourhood. The image used is a still from my music video which means that, like the front cover, it easily ties together with everything. In order to keep continuity I used the same font as I had on the front but changed the colour to black so it could be easily read. I think that the shadows of the teenagers on the swing show the audience that it is a sunny day, which could also emphasise happiness.I also added a barcode and a copyright symbol at the bottom in order to create a product that could be produced as a real EP.

No comments:

Post a Comment